DIY Office Decor Part I

Hey everyone! Today I'm starting off the office decor series. It is only going to be a few pieces long, but to avoid a huge long blog post I decided to separate the pieces into a series type of thing. The first one is repainting my office pen holders. I googled colors that would pop with a farmhouse theme and used that as inspiration to find a color. I found a light blue color trending in some farmhouse style stuff so I used that as a guide. Below you will see the finished pencil holders.

Supplies:
  • Paint brush 
  • Chalk paint color (I used Behr Adored Blue)

This is a super simple easy project especially if you want a different colored pen holder.

Step 1: Paint the first coat on each pen holder and let dry for about an hour or so depending on the type of pen holder you have. I did not paint the bottoms of my pen holders as no one would ever see the bottoms so I did not feel the need to do so. I did not take a picture of a few steps as it is a pretty simple clear cut steps. However, I will show you below a picture of what the pen holders looked prior to me painting them. 


Step 2: After the paint dries from the first coat do another coat of paint and let dry 100% completely before painting the inside of the pen holders. I made the mistake of picking one up too early and making finger print marks so I had to redo one all over again. 

Step 3: Paint the first coat inside each pen holder and let dry about an hour or so. It might be even less as I found my pen holders dried faster on the inside than the outside for some reason. 

Step 4: Paint the final coat inside the pen holders. Since I'm going to have pens inside and if you have a lot of pens like I do pens tend to leak sometimes so I did not care that much to paint over the obvious ink stains on the inside. This is completely optional and up to you if you want it to look a certain way. I'm more simple in this aspect.

Here they are!! I am in love with the color!

I did not add any sealant on them since I loved the look and feel of them without a wax sealant. You can totally add this if you want to protect it for the long run. 
I hope you enjoyed this super simple easy DIY project and look out for more Office Decor DIYs!!

1 comment

  1. Those look great Im just not crafty although I wish I was, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.