DIY Office Decor Part 2

Welcome back! 
Another post in the office decor series is back and I finally finished this piece after I believe 3 weeks and just now getting around to publishing this post. It takes a lot of time when you have to work, college life, and have time for myself and with my husband. 
Find out more on how I created my photo display piece and the best part is that I re-purposed a shelf!

                                      Supplies:
  • Hammer
  • Twine
  • Sandpaper 
  • Screwdriver (find the one I used HERE
  • Sawtooth picture hangers (find the one I used HERE
  • 1 inch Screw eye hooks (HERE I couldn't find the exact ones I used so there is a link for reference)
  • Clothespins
  • Tweezers
  • Hot glue gun (Optional)
Step 1:
The shelf I was re-purposing had screwed on holders to screw into the wall which made it into a shelf. Luckily this was removable with a screwdriver. I went around each one and unscrewed the parts. Once I was done with both sides I used sandpaper to lightly sand away the excess glue and make the surface where the holders were a lot smoother. I went over the front of the shelf a little bit as well, but I did not go too crazy at sanding the shelf.


Step 2:
You might need assistance in this step as I found it difficult to hold one side of the picture hangers and hammer at the same time. I used tweezers here in this step because the nail is extremely tiny and I couldn't hold it with my fingers. I found it easy to use a measuring tape to make sure the other side was even. 
Step 3:
Use your 1 inch eye screws to screw into the shelf. I did one on each side of the shelf and one in the middle. Once you have screwed in those you will then use your twine and tie it around one end of the shelf and loop it through the middle screw then to the last screw where you will adjust how you want your twine. When I say adjust I mean that you can have it as loose or tight as you want. This is where you decide how you want to display your pictures. Also, you will not need a screwdriver to screw in the eye hooks. 
Step 4:
You will need a hot glue gun if you choose to do this step. I found that it looks fine with or without gluing the clothespins. I just used a tiny bit and glued the very first left and right clothespins up a little bit. This gave it a little bit of stability for my pictures and made it into the way I wanted to display my pictures.  Below you will see what it looks like all ready to go.
As you can see gluing the two end clothespins really help bring it a little bit of life. This also helps out your picture display, but it is definitely personal preference here because it looks totally fine without gluing the clothespins. That is it and you are finished with a re-purposed picture display!
I hope you guys have enjoyed this long overdue DIY! 
👋




1 comment

Powered by Blogger.