How I Organize my Craft or Office Supplies

Welcome back!
Today I'm showing you how I organized all my craft or office supplies. I originally had everything in a previous post on how I made a blue re-purposed storage bin, but I couldn't find any bins to fit exactly in the storage drawers. I couldn't utilize the space I wanted and so I had some things in that storage dresser and other things in a bin in the closet. It is such a pain to have to go through different bins and not know what you need. 
I decided to buy a few things because I simply couldn't make it work with what I have. If you want to shop on a budget I am not sure this post is for you, but if you have ideas or you have tried something similar on a budget please let me know I'm all about saving my money and not spending an arm and a leg. Read along to find out how I organized all my supplies!

Step 1✔: I needed to find a storage holder so I found this black tiered one at Ikea. Along with the stackable and open white bins that you see pictured above. 
Step 2✔: Sort your bins according to how you see fit. I need things in a specific spot to make it easier on my when I'm doing crafts or looking for certain office supplies. I used Word and my fancy font I bought from Etsy to make my labels. 
Step 3✔: Once I typed out my words and adjusted them to my size level I used my Scotch label maker from Walmart to laminate all the words. I did not do this individually I made sure to have all the words on one piece of paper, laminate, and then finalize it by cutting the words out how you like.
๐ŸŒŸBelow is a picture of what it looks like with all words on the laminated page. ๐ŸŒŸ
Step 4 ✔: Once you have laminated everything then you cut the words out in whatever way you like. You can even use those fun scissors to make it look different or different colored paper. 
Below is a picture of how I cut mine out. 
Step 5 ✔: Use regular scotch office tape and create your own double sided tape by rolling the two sides of tape strip together. This is faster and more convenient for me. The best part of this labeling technique is you don't have to deal with most labels now a days. I always hated using paper labels or otherwise because it would leave paper residue on my bins. Think of getting something from Walmart or Target and you have to remove the tag and you rip a piece off only to have a ton more to go.. Goo Gone anyone? I've had to use that so many times and I definitely did not want to use that here. So laminated easily removable labels it is. You can view the finished product at the beginning of the blog post.. I'll post again here for another viewing though. It looks so much better, and if you ever move something to another bin you can remove the tag and place elsewhere. 



1 comment

  1. Shop the Dollar Tree and Five Below both stores have some nice cheap storage containers.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.