The New Normal

Hey everyone!
I've been a little MIA because I've had a lot going on. I did not want to discuss a lot of the pandemic going on because it can be kind of overbearing to constantly read it on social media. How has everyone held up during this time? I've struggled personally from being out of work since Spring Break in March and we are not going back until fall HOPEFULLY I am praying that we do but I am guessing it is all still uncertain at this time. I had planned to have a summer job or internship. However, I decided not to as I did not want to expose myself to COVID 19 given that I've had a history of asthma. I made the decision to try to get done with school faster. I've never taken summer courses before so I'm a little nervous about it and how the course load is compared to a 16 week course, but taking summer classes this summer and next summer helps me so that I can graduate in the fall of 2021 with my Bachelors in Psychology. 

During this whole pandemic a lot has happened. I've had highs and I've had lows. I've been bored, tired, and unmotivated. I ended up overeating quite a bit and gained 6lbs because of it. I did not ever think that I would be back where I was at trying to get past a certain weight. I have to remind myself that it is all about control. I can control it I've seen my weight disappear when I take better care of myself by eating within my calorie limit, watching my carb intake as well, drinking enough water and no caffeine but once in blue moon. I have to get that control back which I think I'll be able to do, but I definitely understand how hard it is to lose the weight I can remember how hard it was when I first started my weight loss journey and how difficult it was for me to cut out Dr. Pepper, sweet stuff, big portions, high carb items, etc. If you are in the same boat I understand, and it is okay if you have a day where its not good and you overeat as long as you continue to work on it the next day and days after I think it will be fine. It takes a lot to form a habit. 

What have you all been up to since this stay at home order and pandemic happened? I've learned a lot of new crafts I'm not sure if I want to post about. I learned about how to Coptic stitch a DIY sketchbook myself and make a cute scrapbook cover with it too. I struggled reading blogs about this technique because I learn more visually with things I have to be very specific about so I ended up watching a Youtube video multiple times and them step by step as I was doing it. There are so many steps involved I feel it would possibly be overwhelming to post about it, but I will definitely share with you guys in another post my finished product and link the Youtube videos I watched. I've been trying to read my books, but I haven't gotten too much into them I will read a little bit but I haven't picked them back up yet. I guess my mindset is that I have enough TIME so I will get to it when I can. I've mainly watched a few TV Shows that I can make a post about for you guys, and gone on walks with my husband, finished up the Spring semester for school, hand sewing fabric masks, and completed some work video training. 

Be on the look out this week for my next few posts. 
Be safe and healthy!

1 comment

  1. Yeah this time is trying for us all. Ive been reading and dad and I have watched all of season 2 of Outlander now, lol. BUt I love that he watches it with me. I have only been reading for reviews. That's great that you are taking some summer courses.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.