Keeping Hope

Hey Everyone!

It has been a long while since I last posted. I thought that I would be able to keep on top of this blogging with my summer courses but it is looking like quite a bit of summer work so I will not be as active here throughout the summer most likely. I will start to share in the upcoming few weeks my monthly summer class planner spread and an hourly spread to help me better utilize my time and life. Until then, today's post is a little different. It isn't a good one... it is one that I never thought to imagine would be happening to me. This morning I woke up to my husband telling me our oldest cat of 12 years was crying really badly after going in the litter box. I watched her after I woke up and witnessed the immense pain she was in.. the crying was unlike anything I've heard from her before and I instantly knew that something wasn't right but we did not know what was going on. We couldn't tell if she was constipated or if she was struggling to urinate. At one point after she used the litter box I witnessed her throwing up, gagging, and crying in pain. My husband witnessed it the next time so within a span of 2 hours she had 3 total episodes of whatever was going on. I sat with her on the couch petting her for a little while but she got down crying in pain so after that episode I took her to an extra soft chair with a blanket in our office so I could do school work. I sit trying to read a textbook for one of my courses and she consistently will get up a bit to look at me and cry like I've never seen her do before. I had already scheduled a vet appointment as soon as I got up but after that hour I called back to be advised to take her to an emergency vet center since she is in a lot of pain. What could we do? We only have a certain amount of money, some to pay bills for this month, and a small amount in a credit card that can be used for cat or other emergencies but it wasn't enough to go to an emergency hospital those things cost a fortune. I did not want to wait until 3:30pm to go to her vet and she not make it because she died I don't know whats going on with her it could be something serious. So luckily one of my brother's sent me the money and I wasn't expecting it at all and when I got the notification.... I cried. I cried so bad because I was so thankful that we could take her and not have to wait so many hours to figure out what was going on or even risk her dying before we could find out something. 

We got right in the car. We waited 30 minutes after being checked in to be told she needed blood work and a urinalysis. We said okay. 2 hours later the vet calls us to tell us that Betsy my baby she has 3 diseases.. She has a urinary tract infection, pancreatitis, and high liver enzymes so high the vet's machine couldn't calibrate an exact number. Their number one treatment option was to admit her for 24 hours, but the cost of that was ridiculously high more higher than I expected and we only planned for a certain amount; the amount we already had on a credit card, my brothers money and that is all. We discussed the outpatient treatment option but we knew that it wouldn't be an option because it is unlikely she will take her medication with us as she has struggled to in the past and the vet also said she may not get better with just outpatient and number one recommendation was the 24 hr admission. We sit in the car to apply for another credit card and wait as the little circle beams to the application submission and I just keep repeating.. Please God Please God, PLEASE! and we were approved and I couldn't even believe my eyes for the amount we need a little extra too! I am so lucky we are so lucky, to be able to give my baby girl a fighting chance to get better with all that she has going on. and now I just continue to pray that she survives this and she comes home to us. The whirlwind of emotions this morning was extremely intense.. and I still feel it because we are basically in limbo we don't know what is going to happen or if she will get better but the only thing we can do is pray, and hope and be thankful that at least she gets the chance and she is getting the round the clock care that she needs. I wish I could be there with her and give her lots of love, kisses, and pets.. My poor baby..


3 comments

Powered by Blogger.