How I Plan my Coursework

 Good morning everyone! I wanted to type up a quick post about my planning and habits before I made my breakfast and headed off to work for the day. I love planners, and anything planning related. I can watch planning videos on YouTube and fall in love with anything the person shows. At one point I had a whole collection of stickers, washi tape, a ton of pens, etc. I even had a collection of different types of planners, but none of them worked well for what I needed. The way my mind works is very simple and practical in a way if that makes any sense. I loved the whole process of putting my planner together with color and stickers. My only problem with the planners in front of me were that I never bothered to look at them and this resulted in me missing assignments or procrastination.


I wanted something that would be in my face a majority of the time. One on my computer made sense because I would always log on to my computer to watch a show throughout the day prior to working so the due dates would be clearly in front of me. I tried a lot of different apps or reminders until I found that Power Planner in the Microsoft store worked really well with what I wanted. I don't close the app whenever I shut my computer down so that way it can pop up every time I start my computer up. This works best for me because I have two computer screens. I did not want this popping up on the main screen because I would be tempted to close out of it to get it out of the way. You can see the picture below and I sized it up a bit so that you all can see what it looks like a little bit better. You can customize your courses, life, appointments, etc. I've created three different colors to showcase my classes for the semester and decided to put everything for the rest of the month out on the planner. I usually will do it for the week, but since I have a lot of very important assignments coming up I don't want to forget about them at all. I like that I have the ability to customize it and can even make color blocks for appointments for me and my husband, tasks that I need to do, doctor appointments, etc. I've marked out in black a few personal appointments. I've always been a big procrastinator and each year I would buy a planner with stickers and go all out. It just never worked out for me and I don't know why because I love the whole process of planning, but making it a habit to consistently look through my planner is something I could never do. I love this planning system because it is very clear cut and easy to use. I also like how I can click complete and it will lightly grey it out and put a line through the assignment. The best thing about this is that I get notifications on my computer when an assignment is do and you can customize an end time or due by time. I only get the notifications if I am on my computer though so if I wasn't on my computer at all the day prior to an assignment I would not receive any notification to my phone, email, etc. I guess in a way I am opening up my planner to see what I have to do, and that is so weird to me because I couldn't ever open up an actual paper planner in front of me. I'm guessing the positive reinforcement of watching a show when turning on my computer helps me look!

What planners do you like? and how are you working on procrastination or bad planning habits?
Share your ideas and thoughts in the comments below!
If you click on the picture above you should be able to see an up close view of the screenshot.

1 comment

  1. Thats great you finally found something that works for you. There is a lot of people who do it digitally. Me I'm not that way. But I have found my creative planner peace with my travelers notebook. It goes with me everywhere in the house, kitchen, livingroom, bedroom lol. And when I get a new purse it will go with me out of the house, lol. I get to be creative because I use blank notebooks and have never found an insert that has everything I need daily in it, so I do my own thing.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.